Monday 25 May 2015

Excited Gardeners & Fawlty Towers

Day four saw us packing up and leaving the hustle and bustle of London, again on the rail system. I must say for a city with so many people everything moves and works very smoothly when it comes to public transport, the major cities in Australia could do well to come and take some notes.
Back to the airport to hire a car, I'm glad we weren't in a hurry. It was nearly lunchtime by the time we were in the car and on our way with Gertie (my nickname the GPS navigator) as our guide. And thank goodness for her cause, unlike the public transport, the road system is very confusing. I'm glad Ross was driving and not me. 
We finally made it to the main reason for Brenda's trip to England, Sissinghurst Castle Gardens. It has been on my bucket list but Brenda was like a kid going to Disneyland. It's a wonder she didn't get indigestion she ate her sandwich so quickly.
The gardens were absolutely beautiful and everything we had hoped for. We were little early for the spring flush of roses and little late for the bulbs, but that's gardens. We weren't disappointed and Brenda will probably get another chance to come back after Ross and I leave to come home.
With two satisfied gardeners we headed for our prebooked accommodation in Folkstone and the comedy.
This is the not so grand Grand Burstin Hotel, though it would've been very grand in its day. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, though I'm not sure how they can be so enthusiastic about their workplace, and our room was clean. I'm not sure how to describe the rest of the experience without it sounding like a really bad long winded review. 
The view from our window probably says something and I'll put it this way if Basil Fawlty had appeared I wouldn't have been surprised. We did laugh a lot, especially over dinner, and it will be one our memorable nights.
Bring on day five
TOODLES

 




No comments:

Post a Comment